A lot of people would think that it’s a lot safer to ride a bike than to drive a car. Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers know that this isn’t always the case. When you’re on a bike, you’re vulnerable to all sorts of accidents. A car could hit you while you’re crossing the road. Or you could be hit by a bus while riding in the bicycle lane. No matter how careful you are, there are times when it doesn’t matter. Some drivers just don’t use good judgment.
The good news is that if you wore a helmet, you might escape serious injuries. Studies show that a helmet can reduce the chances of a brain injury by as much as 85%. But the helmet can’t protect the rest of your body. You could suffer broken bones or a sprained wrist. You can even lose a limb if the accident is serious enough. That’s why it’s important that you get medical attention immediately after your crash.
One thing the TorkLaw Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer recommend is that you do the following three (3) things after any sort of bike crash:
- Call 911– No matter how minor the accident may seem, you need to call the police. Your Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer is going to need to prove that you weren’t at fault. The best way to do that is to have a copy of the police report. This report will provide your lawyer with the vital information they need to prove your case.
- Go to the emergency room – Odds are, if you’re hit while riding your bike, you’ll suffer pretty serious injuries. You need to go to the hospital. This way, a doctor can check you out and make sure you’re okay. They’ll also make a note in your medical records. Your attorney can use these records to prove damages.
- Call a skilled Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer – It’s always a good idea to call a lawyer no matter what sort of accident you’re in. You can call our office right away and schedule your free consultation.
If you follow these steps, you’ll increase your chances of settling your case quickly. You’ll also ensure that your lawyer has all the information you need to prove your case.
What Sort of Injuries Do Bicycle Accident Victims in Las Vegas Suffer?
Our clients who are involved in bicycle accidents tend to suffer pretty serious injuries. Most of these victims suffer any or all of the following:
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones and bruises
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burns and facial disfigurement
- Internal injuries
Every case is different. Your Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer at TorkLaw will review your case during your first meeting. This way, they can see how serious your injuries were. The general rule is that the more serious your injuries, the more money you’ll be entitled to. There is a good reason for this. People with serious injuries tend to incur more medical bills. They also tend to miss a lot more time from work.
Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyers Know the Most Common Causes of Bike Wrecks
When it comes to bicycle accidents, the same excuse is often given by other motorists. They claim that they simply didn’t see you. This is the same thing our attorneys hear from the defendants in our motorcycle accident cases. And, while it may be true that it’s harder to see a bike than a car, that isn’t a good excuse. There’s no reason why you should suffer serious injuries because the defendant didn’t look out to see if anyone else was on the road. Our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers at TorkLaw hear every excuse imaginable. Some of the most common causes of bike accidents are:
- The driver is texting or driving while distracted
- Drunk driving
- You cross at a street without a crosswalk
- You dart out into the road without warning
Can Your Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyer at TorkLaw Get You Compensation?
We know that our clients contact our office for one reason and one reason only. They want to make sure they’re compensated for their injuries. And they want to make sure they have an expert by their side to make sure this happens. Some of the damages the Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers here at TorkLaw demand include the following:
- Medical bills and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Of course, you may not be entitled to all of these. If your injuries aren’t that bad, you may not qualify for pain and suffering. And if you go back to work within a few days or weeks of your accident, you may not qualify for lost wages or lost future income. But once we review your case, we’ll have a better idea of what you may be entitled to. That’s why it’s a good idea to call a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer sooner rather than later. You want to give them as much time as possible to prepare your case. You also want to find out if you have a case in the first place.
Your Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyer Has to Show the Defendant Was Negligent
In order to get you any damages, our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers at TorkLaw need to prove the defendant was at fault. This means we have to prove negligence. To do this, we’ll rely on all of the following evidence:
- Copies of the police report
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Any videos from a phone or intersection camera
- Witness statements
- Traffic citations, if any, were issued
This is why it’s critical that you bring whatever information you have to your free initial consultation.
Call TorkLaw in Las Vegas and Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation Today
If you or your family member are injured in a bicycle accident, call our office. You can schedule your free consultation with a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer at TorkLaw. The good news is that the consultation won’t cost you a penny. And, you don’t have to pay until your case is resolved.