Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
There are more than 2.7 million people living in Las Vegas today. And this number has continued to grow by about 3% for the last three (3) years. When any of these residents get injured in an accident, they rely on Las Vegas personal injury lawyers to get them justice. After any sort of accident, people need to take time to recover from their injuries. They don’t have the time or energy to fight with insurance companies. This is how Las Vegas personal injury lawyers can help. They meet with their clients during their free initial consultation and help determine if they have a potential claim for damages. If they do, the attorneys at TorkLaw are willing to represent them in their case. Your attorney will focus on getting you damages for your injuries. This way, you can focus on what’s important – getting better and resuming a normal life.
Types of Cases Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
Thousands of people in Las Vegas are injured every year. Many of these injuries could have been avoided. Thankfully, Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are able to help get you justice. Regardless of the type of injury you suffer, if someone else is responsible, they need to be held liable. The attorneys at TorkLaw handle all sorts of personal injury cases. Some of these include:
- Car Accidents – There were more than 330 fatal car crashes in Nevada in 2018. And more than 65% of these were in or near Las Vegas. Las Vegas personal injury lawyers see more than their fair share of these cases.
- Slip and Fall – Las Vegas is one of the most visited cities in the world. If store and casino owners don’t keep their floors clean and dry, you can fall and get seriously injured.
- Product Liability – If you’re hurt by a dangerous or defective product, you may have a claim for damages. Las Vegas personal injury lawyers have a lot of experience pursuing these cases for their clients.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors and surgeons are supposed to keep you healthy. Unfortunately, doctors make mistakes. If someone is injured during surgery or aren’t properly diagnosed, Las Vegas personal injury lawyers step in and get them justice.
- Dangerous Drug Cases – There are more reports about new, dangerous drugs now than ever before. If a certain medication makes you sick, you need to call a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer.
- Dog Bites – Las Vegas does not have a dog bite law. However, they do follow the “one bite” rule. This means, if a dog has previously attacked somebody, their owner may be liable for damages.
- Negligent Security Cases – There are more casinos in Las Vegas than anywhere else. These casinos are responsible for keeping their patrons safe. If you’re injured because a casino is negligent in their security, call TorkLaw right away.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive. Over the years, our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers have seen just about any type of case you can imagine. Call today and talk to one of our experienced attorneys and learn if you have a potential claim for damages.
You Can Afford a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
A lot of people think they can’t afford a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer. That isn’t the case. You can actually meet with an attorney for free. At TorkLaw, you can take advantage of a free initial consultation. At this meeting, your lawyer will determine if your case has merit. If it does, and if you have the evidence to prove the defendant was at fault, the attorney may offer to represent you. You’ll also have the choice of whether to hire the attorney. If you do, you’ll sign something called a contingency agreement.
A contingency agreement is a document that outlines how your lawyer will be paid. With a personal injury case, your attorney will not be paid upfront. Instead, they will receive a certain percentage of your settlement or damages award. This percentage can be anywhere from 25% to 40%, depending on your case. If your case has to go to trial, this percentage will be on the higher end. This is due to the fact that Las Vegas personal injury lawyers have to dedicate more time and resources to these cases. If you don’t win, your attorney gets nothing.
Your Free Initial Consultation with TorkLaw
Las Vegas personal injury lawyers offer their potential clients a free initial consultation. This is the first meeting you’ll have with your injury attorney. They will sit down and review your case. They can answer any questions you have, and they’ll ask a few of their own. They’ll look at any documentation you have related to your case. If they determine that you have a strong case, they may offer to represent you. If you choose to retain their services, the attorneys at TorkLaw will negotiate with the insurance company to settle your claim. If need be, they’ll also file suit on your behalf.
Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Clients Damages
The reason clients hire Las Vegas personal injury lawyers is to get damages. If you’re injured, you’ll want the person responsible for being held accountable. Depending on your case, you may be entitled to any or all of the following:
- Medical bills and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Of course, you may not receive all of these damages. Every case is unique. Las Vegas personal injury lawyers work hard to get their clients the money they deserve.
Your Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or your family member are hurt in any sort of accident, contact a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer right away. It doesn’t matter if your injuries are minor or severe; you may have a claim for damages. The only way to find out is to schedule your free initial consultation with our office. If somebody else is responsible for your injuries, they need to be held accountable. Las Vegas personal injury lawyers will go up against the big insurance companies and get you justice. They have the skills and knowledge necessary to prove your claim. Call today and set up a date and time to meet with one of our seasoned injury lawyers in Las Vegas.