More than 42 million people visited Las Vegas last year. When you add this to the millions of people who live in Las Vegas year-round, you can imagine how many cars are on the road at any given time. This means the odds of your getting into a car accident in Las Vegas are quite high. If you or your loved one are injured in a car crash, Las Vegas car accident lawyers are there to help. They’ve represented hundreds of accident victims over the years. They’ll work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Since these accidents can be extremely serious, it’s important that you focus on recovering from your injuries. While you do this, your Las Vegas car accident lawyer will focus on getting you the money you deserve.
There are Many Different Types of Car Accident Cases in Las Vegas
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, there are more than 50,000 car accidents in the state every year. More than 22,000 of these crashes involve some sort of injury. This could include minor injuries or serious injuries. Even if there isn’t an injury involved, at least 30,000 accidents a year in Nevada involve property damage. When this happens, Las Vegas car accident lawyers are there to help.
While it is impossible to ever say that one driver is 100% at fault for an accident, one person is usually more at fault than the other. In order to recover damages, you do need to prove that the other driver was at least 51% at fault. Las Vegas car accident lawyers are able to represent their clients in all types of crashes. These include:
- Rear-end accidents – These are arguably the most common type of car accidents in the United States. According to the National Transportation Safety Administration, there are more than 7 million rear-end accidents every year.
- Head-on collisions – These crashes are some of the most dangerous. They often involve impaired drivers. Las Vegas car accident lawyers may seek punitive damages in these sorts of cases.
- Distracted driving – There are more distracted driving accidents today than ever before. Your attorney at TorkLaw will have to demonstrate that the other driver was distracted at the time of the crash.
- Speeding – These accidents are common in Las Vegas, especially on the highways. People tend to exceed the speed limit, and they aren’t able to stop in time. These crashes often involve very serious, even fatal injuries.
- Drunk driving accidents – There is no excuse for anyone to drink and drive. The same is true for people who drive while under the influence of drugs. Las Vegas car accident lawyers fight vehemently to get their clients damages in these cases. This may also include punitive damages as these are meant to punish the defendant.
- Reckless Driving – Some people make really bad decisions when they get behind the wheel. Perhaps they swerve in and out of traffic. Or they ignore all traffic laws in Las Vegas. This can lead to very dangerous accidents that leave their victims seriously injured.
Regardless of the type of car accident you’re involved in, Las Vegas car accident lawyers can help. The attorneys at TorkLaw have the knowledge and experience to get you the compensation you deserve. In order to know if you have a claim for damages, you need to call and schedule your free initial consultation as soon as possible.
Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer Only Have a Certain Amount of Time to File Your Lawsuit
One of the reasons you want to call a Las Vegas car accident lawyer as soon as possible is because you only have two (2) years to file suit. This is because of the Nevada statute of limitations. The two years starts on the date of your car accident. Las Vegas car accident lawyers understand how important this deadline is. If you miss it, your case will be dismissed. Either the judge will dismiss the case on their own, or the defendant will file a motion to dismiss. There are very few exceptions to this rule.
Take Advantage of Your Free Initial Consultation with TorkLaw
Las Vegas personal injury lawyers offer their potential clients a free initial consultation. This is the first meeting you’ll have with your injury attorney. They will sit down and review your case. They can answer any questions you have, and they’ll ask a few of their own. They’ll look at any documentation you have related to your case. If they determine that you have a strong case, they may offer to represent you. If you choose to retain their services, the attorneys at TorkLaw will negotiate with the insurance company to settle your claim. If need be, they’ll also file suit on your behalf.
Car Accident Victims May Be Entitled to Damages
Since every case is unique, your damages will depend on the facts of your car accident case. Las Vegas car accident lawyers fight to get their clients the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive Damages
In order to get you damages, Las Vegas car accident lawyers must prove your case. You aren’t guaranteed compensation simply because you were in an accident. You can only demand damages for injuries or losses you’ve actually suffered.
Your Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a family member are hurt in a motor vehicle accident, call an experienced accident attorney at TorkLaw. Following a Las Vegas car accident, you’ll be in pain. You may not be able to work, and you’ll likely need medical care. You will certainly not be in a position to fight with insurance companies. Las Vegas car accident lawyers can do this for you. They’ll try to negotiate payment of your accident claim. If this isn’t possible, they’ll recommend that you file a car accident lawsuit. You should call right away and schedule your free initial consultation.