Almost half a million people are involved in a fire in this country ever year. Many of these burn victims were involved in a house fire. However, that isn’t the only way you can experience this sort of injury. A lot of the clients here at TorkLaw have been involved in car accidents or chemical explosions. Regardless of the cause, the Las Vegas burn injury lawyers here have the necessary experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
The problem with burn injuries is that they’re usually compounded with other injuries. If you’re involved in a fiery car crash, you may suffer broken bones on top of your burns. Or, you could end up with a back injury that is complicated further by your third-degree burns. That is why these cases are so difficult for our clients. The amount of pain you go through is enormous. We understand this. Thats why our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers at TorkLaw work so hard to get our clients justice. All you have to do is call and schedule your free initial consultation sooner rather than later.
What are the Most Common Causes of Burn Injuries in Las Vegas?
As mentioned above, house fires are not the only thing that causes burn injures in Las Vegas. You can suffer this sort of injury in a variety of ways. Some of the most common causes of serious burn injuries include the following:
- Car accidents
- House and electrical fires
- Chemical spills and explosions
- Workplace accidents
- Gas and oil accidents
- Child burns such as scalding or an incident at their daycare or school
Sadly, some of our cases do involve burn injuries to children. And some cases involve serious workplace incidents or accidents. The bottom line is that we aren’t as concerned with what caused your injuries. Our main concern at TorkLaw is proving that the defendant is responsible for your injuries. This means we have to find a way to prove that the defendant was negligent.
Proving Negligence for a Burn Injury
One way to think about negligence is that the defendant didn’t act the way they should. Think of what a reasonable person would have done in the same situation. Did the defendant behave this way? Or, did they do something out of the ordinary? Proving negligence requires your Las Vegas burn injury lawyer to prove the following four (4) things:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care – This is not that difficult. We all owe each other a certain duty of care. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident, then the defendant had a duty to obey all of the traffic laws. If you were hurt at work because of faulty chemicals, then the manufacturer had a duty to produce a safe product.
- The defendant breached this duty – This is where your Las Vegas burn injury lawyers at TorkLaw have to do their hardest work. You need to show that the defendant did something they shouldn’t have. Your lawyer will consult all the evidence available to do this.
- You were injured – It’s hard to deny your burn injuries. This is not usually the issue in these types of cases.
- Your injuries were proved by the defendant’s breach – The defendant’s lawyer may try to claim that something other than their client’s behavior caused your injuries. It’s your attorney’s job to prove that the opposite is true.
If you’re able to prove negligence, then there’s a good chance you’ll be entitled to damages. It all depends on what you can prove.
There are Different Degrees of Burn Injuries
As with any other injury, burn injuries can be minor or they can be serious. The way burns are measured is in degrees. Third- and fourth-degree burns are the worst. They take months to heal. Some never fully heal. There isn’t much your doctor can do to help. Your Las Vegas burn injury lawyer at TorkLaw understands this. They know how much pain you’re in. That’s why they’ll fight so hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Obtaining Compensation For You Las Vegas Burn Injury
One question a lot of our clients have is what sort of compensation they can receive. The truth is, we don’t know until we’ve met with you. Every case is different. There are some clients who have huge medical bills. There are other clients who have few medical bills but missed months of work. It all depends on the facts of your case. Your Las Vegas burn injury lawyers at TorkLaw will demand some or all of the following:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future income
- Permanent disability
Once we have your free, initial consultation, we’ll have a better idea of what your claim is worth. We can discuss this after we have a chance to talk to you and the insurance company.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with our Burn Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
It’s always a good idea to meet with a Las Vegas burn injury lawyer after you get hurt. The only way to know if you have a potential legal claim is to talk to a lawyer. The good news is that you can meet with one the lawyers at TorkLaw for free. Sit down and discuss your case with someone who’s handled dozens of cases like yours before. Just make sure you bring the following information with you to your free, initial consultation:
- Copies of any correspondence between you and the insurance company
- Letters and emails you have received from the defendant or their lawyer
- A picture of your injuries
- A copy of your medical records
- Proof of any lost wages or income
- Proof of what you have paid out of pocket for your medical treatment
Call today and set up your first appointment. We can conduct the consultation by phone or online if need be. And remember – you don’t pay anything until after your case is resolved.