No one wants to be involved in any kind of vehicular accident. But there are times when we simply cannot control what happens on the road. When you or someone you know incurs injuries from a bicycle accident caused by another party, you need all the help you can get in order to be correctly compensated.
Hiring an attorney to help you deal with insurance companies or represent you in a personal injury case may become a necessity. There are plenty of attorneys who offer counsel for bicycle accident victims. In order to determine who can best represent you, consulting with several lawyers is the first step.
Important Questions to Ask
Finding the right bicycle accident attorney is crucial to better your chances of being properly compensated by insurance companies. During a consultation with a lawyer, you have the chance to get them better by asking the right questions. It is important that you choose a lawyer who you will be comfortable working with and who you can trust completely. Below are some of the questions you should ask during a consultation:
- What is your background and experience in handling bicycle accident cases? Before you delve in your own case, ask them about their experience specifically handling bicycle accidents. How long have they been practicing in this area? How many cases have they handled which are similar to yours?
- What is your assessment of my case? After getting to know the lawyer, you will have to describe your case and get their opinion.
- Who will handle my case? Sometimes, the lawyer you are consulting with isn’t the one who will work on your case. Ask them who will be doing the day to day work on your case.
- How long will it take? Lawyers should resolve cases as quickly as possible unless there are certain factors which may add more time.
- How much will I get? Probably the most important question you will ask. Lawyers should have a rough estimate of how much you can expect to receive in compensation and the factors which contribute to that amount.
- Do you have a high success rate in trial? Civil cases may not always end in trial but it is better to have a lawyer who is experienced in trial litigation if the case takes that path.
- What are your fees? A majority of accident lawyers work under a contingency fee agreement. This means they won’t charge you unless you recover damages in your lawsuit.
When you have exhausted these questions, you might want to ask if there are still things you missed out or need to know. Experienced lawyers should guide you on the process of your case so it will be clear to you what you should expect. If you are still undecided, you should ask a lawyer if you can talk to some of their past clients so that you have a better understanding of how they work.
Hiring a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Choosing the best bicycle accident attorney is an important decision for you or for someone you know who is involved in an accident. After going to consultations with different lawyers, you should deliberate on who offers the best service and who you think is the best to handle the case.
TorkLaw has experienced bicycle accident attorneys who have extensive knowledge when it comes to these cases. Our attorneys understand how much you deserve to get the rightful compensation after an accident. We also put your health first so let TorkLaw attorneys handle your legal matters and focus on your recovery. Call us today at 888.845.9696 and get a free consultation with one of our bicycle accident attorneys.