Phoenix car accident lawyers represent hundreds of people every year. There are more than 2.3 million cars on the road in Arizona and a good portion of these are on Phoenix highways and byways. One can imagine that, with so many people driving every day in Phoenix, there are lot of car accidents. When people are injured in these accidents, they turn to Phoenix car accident lawyers to get compensation for their injuries. There are times when your insurance claim is paid right away, and you won’t need a car accident lawyer. However, insurance claims are denied more often than you think. There are also situations where the person responsible for the accident either has no insurance or flees the scene. Phoenix car accident lawyers can help their clients track down hit and run drivers. If this isn’t possible, they can find other options for their clients to recover damages for their crash.
There are Multiple Types of Car Accident Cases in Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of cases. Most of these cases involve at least two (2) vehicles. Although there are times when their clients are involved in a single car accident. These single-car crashes are typically the result of a defective vehicle. For the most part, Phoenix car accident lawyers handle the following types of crashes:
- Rear-end accidents – There are more than 7 million rear-end accidents every year in this country. Many of these are caused by the rear driver not stopping in time. Or, they’re distracted driving and they just don’t pay attention to the road in front of them.
- Head-on collisions – These accidents are very dangerous and often result in catastrophic injury. The defendant in cases involving head-on collisions are typically driving while distracted or drunk driving.
- Distracted driving – With so many people busy using their handheld devices, the number of distracted driving accidents in Phoenix is on the rise
- Speeding – When somebody is driving above the speed limit, they put other drivers at risk. These accidents are dangerous because they involve cars going at fast rates of speed and the impact is terrific.
- Drunk driving accidents – With so many rideshare companies, it’s hard to imagine why somebody would drink and drive. Sadly, more than 10,000 people are killed in drunk driving accidents in the U.S. every year.
- Reckless Driving – There are people who ignore traffic laws and drive recklessly. These cases are sometimes eligible for punitive damages because the court wants to punish the other driver. Phoenix car accident lawyers know when these damages may apply to their case.
It doesn’t matter what type of car accident you’re involved in. Your Phoenix car accident lawyer will pursue your claim for damages. Some of these crashes are more dangerous than the others. For example, a drunk driving accident is likely to cause more serious injuries than a rear-end collision would. The more serious your injuries, the more likely you’ll be entitled to pain and suffering.
You Must File Your Case Before the Statute of Limitations Period Expires
Phoenix car accident lawyers often urge their clients to contact them as soon as possible after their accident. This is because, in Arizona, you only have a certain amount of time to file suit. The statute of limitations period for a car accident in Phoenix is two (2) years. The two years starts on the date of your accident. If you miss this deadline, your case will be dismissed. The court will either dismiss it on their own, or the defendant’s lawyer will file a motion to dismiss. The courts are very strict when it comes to filing deadlines. There are very few exceptions to this rule. If you miss your statute of limitations filing period, you won’t be able to refile. This means you won’t be entitled to any damages.
It’s important to remember that the deadline for filing your lawsuit is different from your deadline to file your insurance claim. All insurance companies are different. However, most demand that you file your claim within a reasonable period of time. This could mean anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Your Free Initial Consultation
Phoenix personal injury lawyers do not represent everybody who walks into their office. They need to make sure their potential client has a viable claim before they offer to handle their case. This is why they offer you a free initial consultation. During this meeting, you will be able to sit down with an experienced car accident lawyer. The attorneys at TorkLaw will ask their clients questions about their car accident. Then they can give them an idea of what their claim may be worth. Whether or not they offer to represent you will depend on a variety of factors, including:
- How serious your injuries were
- How much time is left to file your claim
- Whether the defendant had insurance or not
- If the defendant didn’t have insurance, they’ll look to see what kind of assets they have
- The reason why your insurance claim was denied
- Whether or not they believe the other driver was at fault
If the Phoenix car accident lawyer believes you have a viable case, they will offer to handle your claim. This means they’ll also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Car Accident Victims May Be Entitled to Damages
Phoenix car accident lawyers fight to get their clients damages. Every case is different so there is never a guarantee that you’ll receive damages. Depending on your case, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future income
- Permanent Disability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive Damages
Your Phoenix car accident lawyer at TorkLaw must prove your damages in order to get you money. Just because you were involved in an accident, that doesn’t mean you’re automatically entitled to compensation.
Your Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
If you or your loved one are hurt in any sort of car accident, you should call a skilled car accident attorney at TorkLaw. They will review your claim and let you know if you’re entitled to damages. You can call and schedule your free initial consultation immediately after your accident.