There are more than 6.5 million people in Phoenix, Arizona. A lot of these people travel on foot. Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyers are in the business of representing people who are hit by a car or SUV. The injury attorneys at TorkLaw have decades of combined experience handling cases such as this. They are familiar with the filing deadlines. They’ll also make sure all potential defendants are named in your lawsuit. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you may be entitled to significant damages. Since every client is unique, your damages will depend on the facts of your case.
Pedestrian Accident Victims in Phoenix Suffer Very Serious Injuries
Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyers understand that their clients are in a great deal of pain. This is why they work so hard to get their clients the damages they deserve. Depending on the nature of your accident, you may suffer any of the following injuries:
- Broken bones – When you are hit by a car or SUV, your body suffers a tremendous impact. Any part of your body that comes into direct contact with the vehicle is bound to be injured or even broken.
- Contusions and cuts – Even if you aren’t physically run over by the car, there’s a good chance your body will scrape across the asphalt. This can cause deep cuts and contusions.
- Facial disfigurement – If there is a lot of glass shattering involved in your pedestrian accident, your face may be cut. This can cause permanent disfigurement to your face. If so, you’ll require multiple surgeries to correct this.
- Neck and back injuries – There’s a good chance you’ll suffer either neck or back injuries if you’re hit by any sort of motor vehicle.
- Traumatic brain injuries – When you suffer a severe blow to the head, you can experience a traumatic brain injury. This sort of injury can cause long-term memory issues. It can also cause headaches, nausea and insomnia.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Depending on where on your spinal cord you’re injured, you may find yourself partially or totally paralyzed.
- Amputation – If any limb is seriously cut or severed, you may have to undergo amputation surgery.
Your injury attorney at TorkLaw is going to demand that you be compensated for your injuries. You will also have a possible claim for pain and suffering.
Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Have to Meet the Statute of Limitations
Every state has a law called the statute of limitations. In Arizona, you only have two (2) years to file your pedestrian accident lawsuit. This rule applies to all personal injury cases. Your Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyer will make sure your claim is filed in time. Keep in mind – the two years starts on the date of your accident. If you fail to file in time, your claim will be barred forever. This means you won’t get the chance to file a new claim. And, you’ll get no damages.
TorkLaw Offers Their Clients a Free Initial Consultation
It’s important that you meet with a Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Most law firms will offer potential clients a free initial consultation. This is certainly the case with TorkLaw. They will invite you to come in and meet with a seasoned pedestrian accident lawyer. They will review your case and give you an idea of what it’s worth.
After the meeting, you and the attorney will have to make a decision. You’ll have to decide if you want to retain TorkLaw to handle your case. And, the attorney will need to determine if they want to represent you. Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyers cannot afford to accept every case. They need to make sure they only accept cases that have a good chance of winning.
Some of the things that will sway a lawyer’s decision as to whether to handle your pedestrian accident case includes the following:
- When will the statute of limitations run out?
- Do you have enough evidence to prove the other driver caused your accident?
- Is there evidence to prove that you’re hurt?
- Does the driver who hit you have valid insurance?
- If they don’t have insurance, what sort of assets do they have?
Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Pursue Damages on Behalf of Their Clients
If you’re involved in a pedestrian accident, then you are likely in pain. Your TorkLaw accident attorney is going to pursue the defendants to get you the compensation you deserve. Depending on the facts of your case and the nature of your injuries, you may be entitled to certain damages. These damages include the following:
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Treatment
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent Disability
Normally, one would demand property damage in a personal injury case. However, since pedestrians are traveling on foot, there is rarely a claim for this type of damages in these cases. If you do suffer any sort of property loss, you can certainly make a demand for it in your complaint. For example, if you had an expensive piece of jewelry that was destroyed as a result of the accident, you can demand compensation.
Your Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Phoenix pedestrian accident lawyers work hard to get their clients the money they deserve. That is the reason accident victims hire the attorneys at TorkLaw. They want justice. However, that justice comes in the form of compensation. The injuries involved in pedestrian accident cases tend to be quite severe. Many victims are lucky to be alive. This is why it’s critical that you meet with an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible after your crash. You want to make sure the events are fresh in your mind. You also want to make sure you don’t miss your filing window. With these cases, it all comes down to proving how bad your injuries were. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer at the TorkLaw firm can help do that. They’ll negotiate with the insurance company to get your claim settled as quickly as possible.