Phoenix is one of the only places in the country where the weather is nice enough to drive your motorcycle year-round. Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer know this because they meet with so many accident victims every year. If you suffer an injury in a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you meet with an experienced injury attorney. These accidents tend to be quite serious. They leave their victims with serious physical injuries. They can even leave their victim paralyzed. With this in mind, you’ll want a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer to handle your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Motorcycle Accidents Cause Very Serious Injuries
All Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers know that you’re only required to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle if you’re under the age of eighteen (18). Without a helmet, your brain would be exposed to a tremendous risk. Even with a helmet on, many motorcycle accident victims experience brain injuries. Here are some of the other common injuries associated with a motorcycle accident in Arizona:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – If your head suffers a severe blow, you can end up with a TBI. These injuries can cause lifelong problems. Some of the signs of a TBI include memory loss, headaches and nausea.
- Spinal Cord Injury – These injuries can leave the victim partially or totally paralyzed. Your Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer will pursue disability damages if this is the case.
- Broken Bones – It’s no surprise that most motorcycle accident victims suffer cuts and broken bones. If you’re ejected from your bike, these will be the least of your injuries.
Motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous types of accidents. They often involve very serious injuries. Given the fact that there’s nothing to protect you from the impact of the crash, this isn’t very surprising. Your Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer will fight to get you compensation for these injuries.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Have to File Your Claim Within the Statute of Limitations
In order to file suit in Phoenix, you need to make sure your claim is filed within the statute of limitations. This is the period in which you have to file suit. For motorcycle accidents in Arizona, the filing deadline is two (2) years. The 2 years starts on the date you get into your accident. If you miss this deadline, your case will be dismissed.
Your Free Initial Consultation
If you don’t think you can afford to hire a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer – think again. You can arrange to have a free initial consultation with one of the experienced accident lawyers at TorkLaw. You can sit down and have a licensed attorney review your case. They’ll give you an idea of what your case may be worth. This also gives the attorney a chance to see if they want to handle your case. Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers can’t represent every potential client that comes into their office. They need to make sure you have a good chance of winning your case before they make this determination.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fight to Get Their Clients Damages
Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers make it their priority to get their clients payment for their injuries. This is called damages. Every case is unique and not all plaintiffs are entitled to all the types of damages. Your TorkLaw accident lawyer will review your case and let you know what they believe you’re entitled to. The different types of damages available in Phoenix include the following:
- Lost wages – If you missed more than a couple of weeks from work, you can demand lost wages.
- Medical bills – When you go to the emergency room after your motorcycle accident, they’ll ask for your health insurance information. They’ll also ask if you were involved in any sort of accident. When the insurance companies learns that you marked “yes”, they’ll expect the defendant to reimburse them for any monies spent.
- The costs of future medical treatment – If you need medical care in the future, you’ll be entitled to coverage for this treatment. Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers will hire experts to prove these costs if need be.
- Lost future earnings – You may not be able to do the same kind of work as you did before the accident. It depends on the severity of your injuries. If you end up on disability, the other driver must pay the difference between what you’ll earn on disability versus what you would’ve earned working at your old job.
- Damage to your motorcycle – Given the impact involved in these crashes, your motorcycle probably needs to be repaired or replaced. The defendant is liable for the cost of these repairs.
- Pain and suffering – Because motorcycle crashes typically cause such severe injuries, there’s a good chance you’ll be entitled to pain and suffering. These damages are intended to compensate accident victims for their mental and physical anguish.
Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers can never tell you exactly how much your case is worth. It isn’t until they thoroughly review the evidence that they’ll have an idea of how strong your claim is. They also need to find out what the insurance company’s position is. They are committed to getting you or your loved one the compensation you deserve.
Your Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Thousands of people are injured in motorcycle accidents every year. If you’re a motorcycle accident victim, then you should contact a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer. These cases can be quite complicated. There’s a good chance that the defendant will claim you were at fault. Your TorkLaw injury attorney will gather the evidence to prove that that the other driver caused the accident. They’ll also try to negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurance company. Motorcycle accident victims suffer very serious injuries and are not in a position to haggle with the insurance adjustor. Your Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer can handle this for you. Call today and schedule your free initial consultation.