It stings when a loved one dies unexpectedly. It’s even worse when a person passes away at the fault of another, creating financial and emotional losses. If you lost a person thanks to the negligence of another, you might be entitled to compensation. A Tampa lawyer can care for legal troubles and remove the financial burden.
If a loved one passed away and you have evidence that someone else was at fault, you can receive compensation for your loss. A Tampa TorkLaw wrongful death lawyer can provide a free consultation to determine what you are liable for in your case.
Causes of Wrongful Death
A wrongful death is a situation where a person died as a result of negligence, but they cannot fight for their case because they passed away. Most of them are accidents. However, some can be intentional criminal acts.
Here are a few of the most common situations where wrongful death can emerge:
- Construction sites: Many construction workers pass away every year on the job. These occur thanks to faulty construction equipment, ignorance of fellow workers, or dangerous conditions.
- Issues with drugs: It’s possible to overdose on drugs or take the wrong product. These items cause plenty of deaths a year.
- Motor vehicles: Thousands of people pass away in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents a year. These can qualify as wrongful deaths depending on the nature of the accident.
- Medical malpractice: A doctor that misdiagnosed or failed to diagnose a patient can lead to their death. Malpractice can also occur if a doctor makes a mistake in surgery.
These wrongful deaths are often by accident, due to the negligence of an individual.
There are many other situations where a wrongful death can emerge. Tampa lawyers can work with you to receive compensation on behalf of the person who passed away.
Wrongful Death Lawyers Can Help
Hiring a wrongful death lawyer in Tampa is very helpful, especially when dealing with the trauma of the loss. Getting help from this person will work to get your family the compensation they deserve for recovery purposes and the life lost.
Here are a few items you can recover in a wrongful death case:
- Lost wages the individual would have earned alive
- Intangible assistance the deceased brought to the family
- Care and companionship losses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
A winning case can provide all these items in some cases.
Your family deserves compensation for your damages. A lawyer provides tons of benefits in wrongful death.
Why Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
Justice always feels necessary if you experience the loss of a loved one due to negligence. The best way to seek justice is to hire a Tampa wrongful death lawyer to sort through every complicated aspect of the case.
Here are a few reasons you should hire a wrongful death lawyer:
- They can uncover insurance owned by the negligent party to determine if that can cover the wrongful death case.
- They can gather funeral costs, evidence for the case, lost earnings, and other items.
- They can negotiate with attorneys and insurance adjusters to settle any troubles. A wrongful death lawyer can do things for the suffering family to avoid stressful situations.
- They will help determine who is at fault in your case.
They can change your life as you work through this unfortunate situation.
Every case is unique, so there may be other items a wrongful death lawyer can check off the list for you and your family. They can release a weight off your shoulders.
Settling a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are entering a wrongful death claim, it helps to understand what goes into the process if you live in Tampa. If you’re not ready and don’t have a lawyer on your side, the trial can be painful and stressful.
Most wrongful death claims don’t go to trial. Often, everything is settled through a negotiation process completed by the victim’s estate and the party’s insurer. If it’s clear that one side was responsible, the process will end quickly. If it’s not as clear, there may need to be a longer process.
If negotiations go for too long, a trial may become necessary to settle the wrongful death. A lawyer can take care of the negotiation process to determine the case and determine what you and the lost party can earn as compensation for the loss.
If you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, reach out to TorkLaw for a free consultation. You may be entitled to financial compensation on their behalf.
Reach out to TorkLaw for access to a Tampa wrongful death lawyer. If you have a case, our lawyers will work hard to ensure you get the assistance and money you deserve to recover from this traumatic situation. There are many items to consider in these situations.