People who suffer burn injuries deal with a great deal of pain. If someone else is responsible for your injuries, they need to be held accountable. One of the best ways to do that is to file your insurance claim right away. Hopefully, they’ll pay your claim. But, if they don’t, you’ll need to talk to a Dallas burn injury lawyer as soon as possible. The first thing they’ll do is try to get the insurance company to pay your claim. If that isn’t possible, they’ll talk to you about filing legal action.
Most burn injury cases do involve an insurance company at some point. If you were involved in a car accident, then you’ll be dealing with the defendant’s auto insurance company. If you were injured in a chemical fire, then the company that owned the property will likely have insurance to cover your claim.
What you need to know is that you do have rights. You’re going to have to face a long road to recovery. The last thing you’ll want to do is deal with lawyers and insurance companies. You need to focus on getting better. A Dallas burn injury lawyer can work to settle your claim in the meantime.
What are the Most Common Causes of Burn Injuries in Dallas?
Your Dallas burn injury lawyer is familiar with burn injury cases. We have seen dozens of these cases over the course of their careers. Many of the cases we handle involving burn injuries are caused by one of the following things:
- Car accidents
- House and electrical fires
- Chemical spills and explosions
- Workplace accidents
- Gas and oil accidents
- Child burns such as scalding or an incident at their daycare or school
. Regardless of what caused your burn injuries, you can count on us to fight on your behalf. We’ll negotiate with the defendant and the insurance company to settle your claim. If that doesn’t work, then we’ll have no choice but to file suit on your behalf.
The Dallas Burn Injury Lawyers at TorkLaw Understand That Your Life Has Changed
If you’re involved in any sort of serious accident, your life will change somewhat. But if you suffer serious burn injuries, your life will change significantly. You may not be able to work. You may not even be able to take care of your children. Your Dallas burn injury lawyer at TorkLaw understands this. That’s why they’ll work so hard to make sure the defendant is held accountable.
Once we get a chance to review your case, we’ll have a better idea of what you may be entitled to. Ideally, we’ll be able to settle your case quickly so you can get on with your life. If this isn’t possible, we will go to trial on your behalf.
There are Different Degrees of Burn Injuries
Most people know that there are minor burns, and there are serious burns. When it comes to levels of burn injuries, doctors talk about degrees of burns. A third- or fourth-degree burn is a lot worse than a first- or second-degree burn. These burns involve serious treatment. You may need skin grafts or multiple surgeries. It all depends on your case.
The only way we can see what sort of damages you may be entitled to would be to meet with you and review your case.
Your TorkLaw Burn Injury Lawyer Will Demand Damages
Some of the damages that your Sacrament burn injury lawyer may demand include the following:
- Compensation for any out of pocket medical bills you experienced: If you had to pay for any medical care yourself, you should be reimbursed. Make sure to keep copies of any bills or receipts that you have.
- Reimbursement for any medical care that was covered by your primary health insurance or the State: If your primary health insurance is paid for your care, they will expect to be reimbursed. In fact, they can place a lien against your lawsuit to ensure payment. Your Dallas burn injury lawyer will make sure your settlement covers these costs.
- Lost income and lost wages: Most burn victims are out of work for quite some time. You may not ever return to work, depending on your case. You can demand that the defendant compensate you for any lost wages or future income.
- Pain and Suffering: Most of our clients report that their burns are the most painful thing they’ve ever experienced. So, there’s a good chance that you’ll be entitled to damages for pain and suffering.
Our lawyers will review your case and your medical records. This is often the best way to prove your injuries and get you damages.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with One of Our Dallas Burn Injury Lawyers at TorkLaw
If you or a loved one has suffered any sort of burn injury, you need help. You need to focus on getting better. It will be a long and painful road to recovery. That’s why one of our Dallas burn injury lawyers should handle the legal side of things for you. You can call our office at any time and schedule your free initial consultation. Sit down with one of our lawyers who can listen to your story. They can also answer any questions you may have.
To help us properly evaluate your potential case, your ability to provide any of the following is very helpful:
- Copies of any correspondence between you and the insurance company
- Letters and emails you have received from the defendant or their lawyer
- A picture of your injuries
- A copy of your medical records
- Proof of any lost wages or income
- Proof of what you have paid out of pocket for your medical treatment
Call today and schedule your free consultation. The defendant will have lawyers working for them, and you should too.