Frequently asked questions from people who have suffered an injury, or lost a loved one, through an accident that was caused by someone else:
Frequently Asked Questions – Personal Injury Law
Why do I need a lawyer?
Dealing with a serious injury or the senseless loss of a loved one in an accident, can be exhausting, intimidating, and confusing. You may not be aware of all your legal rights, or potential sources of income. Insurance companies have nearly unlimited resources to invest in denying or minimizing your claim. A personal injury attorney can help investigate your claim and advocate for your rights so that you receive the maximum amount to which you’re entitled. They will also investigate all sources of income, some of which you may not even be aware. An Insurance Research Council study indicates that when you hire a lawyer for your personal injury case, you recover much more than you would on your own, even after the legal fees.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
Your case’s worth is dependent on the extent and types of damages to which you are entitled; that is, the losses or expenses you incurred because of the accident. These may include:
- Medical bills (doctor, hospital, surgery, diagnostics, therapy, prescriptions, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disability, disfigurement, or permanent scars
- Emotional trauma or mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental disability
- Property damage
- Any new expenses (household help, taxi/rideshare costs, etc.)
How do I determine if my case is valid?
There are four elements to determine if personal Injury claim exists:
- The defendant, or “at-fault” person had a duty to exercise reasonable care to avoid hurting others or causing an accident.
- The defendant did not behave in a manner to demonstrate care.
- The defendant’s actions were the proximate cause of the accident.
- The injury caused actual damages.
Will I have to go to court?
Not necessarily. We are able to settle most personal injury claims with the insurance company. However, if no settlement can be reached with the other party, the case may go to trial.
What are some of the things I should do to help win my case?
- Be completely honest‚ even if some of the facts are not favorable to you. This will help provide an accurate estimation of your chances of winning. And, it will not help your case to claim something that isn’t true, as the facts usually come out eventually.
- Be on time and prepared for appointments with all relevant information or documentation.
- Take your attorney’s advice.
- Be patient; legal matters require time and research; and no lawyer can guarantee a particular outcome.
What should I do after an accident?
- The most important thing is to take care of yourself. If you need immediate care, call 911. Do not refuse medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are hurt, you may want to see your doctor after the accident, and do what s/he tells you.
- At the accident scene, call the police and your insurance company.
- If you can, gather as much evidence, including photographs, video, documents, etc. If you are impaired, ask a friend or family member to help you do this.
- Do not admit fault. Stay calm and be civil to the other driver. It’s fine to ask if they are OK, or even to offer assistance if needed, but refrain from using language like, “I’m sorry,” or “It was my fault.”
- Do not discuss the accident or give a statement to the insurance company or attorney for the other driver. Instruct them to call your insurance company or your attorney.
- Do not post anything on social media about your accident. What you say can be used against you.
- Call an attorney at TorkLaw to discuss your claim.
What should I do if the other driver’s attorney or insurance company calls me?
- Insurance adjusters may call you to obtain information to use against you in a trial or settlement. They may offer to pay your medical bills, which only means they believe they are liable, and trying to convince you to for a fraction of the money you are rightfully owed.
- Do not speak with the insurance company or attorney for the other driver. Refer the adjuster to your insurance company or your TorkLaw attorney.
Frequently Asked Questions – TorkLaw
Why choose TorkLaw?
TorkLaw has obtained millions of dollars in judgments, verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured victims and their families. When a client is accepted by our firm, we assign a full a team of lawyers, not just one lawyer or paralegal, to properly handle all aspects of representation. Our staff is available 24/7 and communication with every client is a priority. Our firm does not charge you by the hour or charge any initial retainer or fee. In fact, we advance all (yes, ALL) costs of prosecuting your case and are ONLY paid if we win. If we do not win, you don’t owe us a penny – not even the costs.
- We have received nearly every recognition and award in the legal industry
- No fee unless we win
- 24/7 free legal consultation by a lawyer
- We will come to you
- All expenses advanced
- Millions obtained on behalf of injured victims
- Received nearly every legal award and recognition in the industry
- Published authors and nationally recognized lawyers
- Latest in technology for client communications
I can’t afford a lawyer. What can I do?
At TorkLaw , we only work on contingency: we only get paid if we win your case. There are no upfront charges, no retainer fee and we don’t charge you by the hour. In fact, we advance and pay all the expenses in the prosecution of your case and will only get those back if we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t owe us a penny – not even for the costs. There is never an obligation or risk to you.
Do you charge a consultation fee?
Absolutely not. There is no charge to meet with one of our lawyers for a legal consultation. Our lawyers are available 24/7 to speak with you about your case and provide you with a legal evaluation of your case. Our lawyers can come to your home or work and can also do phone consultations. Call today and book your no obligation, confidential and FREE consultation at 888-845-9696.
I can’t come to the office. Can you come to me?
Yes! Our lawyers are available to come to any convenient location that works for your schedule. You can call us today to set that appointment – our agents are available 24/7 – call now: 888-845-9696
What will you charge me to take my case?
At TorkLaw, we only work on a contingency basis: we only get paid if we win your case. There are no upfront charges, no retainer fee and we don’t charge you by the hour. In fact, we advance and pay all the expenses in the prosecution of your case and will only get those back if we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t owe us a penny – not even for the costs. There is never an obligation or risk to you. You may even receive free medical treatment or cash advances.
What’s in the contingency fee arrangement for the attorney?
If we win your case, we will take an agreed-upon percentage of your judgment or settlement to cover their legal fees.
How much do I have to pay if I lose the case?
Nothing. Under a contingency fee arrangement, you only pay if you win, and if you lose, the attorney swallows all the legal fees and you don’t pay a dime.
If you have a question that is not answered in our Frequently Asked Questions, please comment below.