Thousands of people are injured in car accidents every year in this country. Atlanta is one of the biggest cities in the U.S., and sees more than its fair share of car accidents. If you’re injured in any sort of motor vehicle accident, you’ll probably be in pain. The last thing you’ll want to do is haggle with the insurance company. Atlanta car accident lawyers are there to do this for you. They handle any variety of car accident cases, and they can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Cases Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Handle
There are several types of motor vehicle accidents that the lawyers at Torklaw handle. It really doesn’t matter what type of vehicle you’re driving. You’re always at risk of getting into a crash. Some of these accidents tend to be more serious than others. Drunk driving accidents, for example, usually involve very serious, maybe fatal, injuries. Your Torklaw car accident lawyer will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Torklaw represents victims in a variety of car accident cases in Atlanta, including:
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving or Impaired Driving
- Head-On Collisions
- Wrong-Way Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
It’s important that you contact our office as soon as possible after your motor vehicle accident. Atlanta car accident lawyers need ample time to gather evidence and prepare your case. You can call and schedule your free initial consultation within days of your crash. In fact, the sooner you meet with an attorney, the better.
Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Work on a Contingency Basis
When you hire your car accident lawyer, you don’t have to pay anything upfront. This is because Atlanta car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means they aren’t paid until you win or settle your case. The way it works is you agree to pay a certain percentage of your damages to your lawyer. When you settle your case, this percentage will come off the top and go toward paying your attorney fees. In addition, whatever costs your lawyer paid over the course of your lawsuit will have to be paid back. This includes things like the costs for experts and depositions. These costs will be lower if you settle your case. If you have to go to trial, these costs will be higher. Also, the contingency fee percentage is typically higher if your case goes to court. That’s because your lawyer will have to invest more time and resources into your case.
Your Initial Consultation with Torklaw is Absolutely Free
When you meet with your car accident lawyer at Torklaw, you don’t have to pay a dime. That’s because your initial consultation is free. This is when you sit down with your lawyer and tell them your story. You can ask them any questions you have about your case. They’ll also need to ask you a few questions. They’re also going to need to look at certain information. This information will give them an idea of how strong your case is. It will also tell them what additional information they need to obtain. Some of the information you should bring to your initial consultation includes the following:
- A copy of your police report
- Any paperwork from your insurance company
- Copies of correspondence from the other driver’s attorney and insurance adjustor
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Pictures of the damage to your car
- Estimates or bills from your mechanic
- Proof of any time missed from work
- Documentation showing how serious your injuries were
Atlanta car accident lawyers need all of this information to prepare your case. It’s a good idea to bring as much of this as possible to your first meeting. Of course, you’ll also have the opportunity to provide this information later on. It will depend on whether you decide to retain our services or not.
Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Get Their Clients the Compensation They Deserve
The reason you hire a car accident lawyer in Georgia is so that you can get money for your injuries. In order to get you any money, your lawyer needs to do two (2) things. First, they must prove that the other driver was at fault. The second thing they need to prove is your damages. It’s not enough that you were involved in a crash. You need to explicitly demonstrate that you suffered a loss. Otherwise, you won’t be entitled to anything.
Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to the following types of damages:
- Medical Bills – If you experience any out of pocket medical expenses, the other driver should have to pay them.
- Future Medical Bills – You may need medical treatment in the months or years following your Atlanta car accident. For example, you might need surgery or physical therapy. The defendant or their insurance company needs to be responsible for the cost of this treatment.
- Lost Wages – Most Georgia car accident victims are out of work for days or weeks after their crash. In fact, you may miss several months. It depends on how severe your injuries are. Atlanta car accident lawyers can submit proof of lost wages and demand that the other party reimburse them for this money.
- Lost Future Income – Depending on the type of injuries you suffer, you may not be able to work again after your crash. You can demand compensation for the difference between what you’ll earn on disability compared to what you would’ve earned if the crash never happened.
- Property Damage – In most car accidents, the victim’s car is damaged or destroyed. The defendant’s insurance company needs to cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
- Pain and Suffering – There is no guarantee that you’ll be entitled to pain and suffering. It all depends on how serious your injuries are.
- Punitive Damages – It isn’t often that car accident cases involve punitive damages. However, if your Atlanta car accident lawyer can prove that the defendant acted recklessly, you may receive them. The good news is that, in Atlanta, there is no limit on punitive damages.
Your Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
The whole reason you pursue a car accident lawsuit is to get the money you deserve. You’ll have a much better chance of winning your case if you have an attorney. Seasoned Atlanta car accident lawyers will have the experience necessary to prove your case. They also offer you a free initial consultation where you can discuss your case. They’ll give you an idea of what your case is worth. They can also deal with the insurance company on your behalf. The consultation is free, and you won’t pay a dime until your case settles.