Georgia ranks in the top 20 states when it comes to fatal motorcycle accidents. This is partly due to the fact that there are so many motorcycles registered in the state. In fact, the southeastern states have more motorcycles per capita than any other part of the country. Given the milder climates, this makes perfect sense. For many people, it’s not a matter of if you’re going to get into a motorcycle accident. It’s a matter of when. This is why it’s good to know that Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to help if you become a victim of a motorcycle accident. It’s important to know what to do and whom to call if you or a loved one are injured in any sort of motor vehicle accident. They understand how dangerous motorcycle accidents can be. They also know the law in Georgia and will do their best to get you the compensation you deserve.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Understand How Serious These Cases Are
Motorcycle accidents tend to be the most serious types of accidents. There is nothing to protect the rider from the impact of the collision. Even if you’re wearing protective headgear, there is always the chance that you could suffer very serious injuries. Some of the injuries experienced in these types of crashes include the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injury – This sort of injury occurs when you receive a severe blow to the head. These injuries can cause both long and short-term memory loss. They can also cause nausea, headaches, and issues with speech.
- Spinal Cord Injury – Depending on where the injury takes place, you may end up partially or totally paralyzed. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers will demand that you be compensated for these serious injuries.
- Neck Injuries – You could break your neck, especially if you’re thrown from your bike. These injuries can cause lifelong problems for any rider.
- Burns – If your body is dragged along the asphalt, you may end up with burns. This is the case even if you’re wearing protecting clothing.
- Broken Bones – Obviously, you could end up with cuts and broken bones if you’re involved in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Offer a Free Initial Consultation
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you may not be able to get around for a while. Atlanta motorcycle accidents at TorkLaw can arrange to have your initial consultation by phone if necessary. Or, if you’re in the hospital or a rehabilitation center, they can come to you. The initial consultation is free. It also gives you a chance to sit down with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who can review your case. They’ll answer any questions you may have and ask a few of their own. During your initial consultation, the first question you may have is how much your case is worth. While your lawyer can’t give you an exact amount of what your damages may be, they can give you a ballpark figure. The value of your claim depends on the specific facts of your case.
The Initial Consultation with TorkLaw is Important
As soon as possible after your motorcycle accident, you should call and schedule your free initial consultation. It’s important that you do this quickly because you only have a certain amount of time to file your motorcycle accident lawsuit. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers will take the time to sit down with you and thoroughly review your case. They will need certain information in order to do this. You’ll want to bring the following items to your first meeting with your accident attorney:
- A copy of the police report
- Any medical records related to the accident
- Copies of any bills for out of pocket medical expenses
- the estimate or bill from your mechanic to fix your bike
- Correspondence from the other driver’s lawyer and insurance company
- Screen-prints of any social media posts related to the crash
- Proof of your lost wages or disability
Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers rely on this information to prepare your case. The sooner you meet with them, the sooner you can pursue your claim.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Will Demand Compensation for Their Clients
Shortly after your motorcycle accident, you’ll need to file your insurance claim. If your claim is paid, great. You’ll receive your check-in a week or two. However, if the other driver doesn’t have insurance, or if your claim is denied, you’ll need to file a claim for damages. Depending on your case, your attorney will demand any or all of the following:
- Medical Bills – Your private health insurance likely covered your immediate medical treatment. They’ll expect to be reimbursed for this. You are also entitled to reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses you experience.
- Future Medical Care – Your doctor can testify as to any future medical care you’ll need. The other driver will be liable for the cost of this treatment.
- Property Damage – Your motorcycle will likely be damaged or destroyed in the crash. The defendant will have to cover the costs of getting your bike fixed or replaced.
- Pain and Suffering – Motorcycle accidents tend to be very serious. You will likely experience a lot of pain and suffering. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers will demand that you be compensated for the physical and mental anguish caused by accident. In Georgia, there is no limit to how much you can be awarded in pain and suffering.
Your Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The great thing about Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers is that they offer you a free initial consultation. A lot of people aren’t sure if they need an attorney. After your motorcycle accident, you’ll want to at least talk to an experienced lawyer in Atlanta. They can review your case and give you an idea of what your options are. They can even give you an idea of what your case is worth.
The defendant is going to have a lawyer on their side. If the other driver has insurance, the insurance company is legally required to defend them. This means that you’ll be at a disadvantage if you don’t hire a lawyer. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers have years of experience dealing with large insurance companies. They won’t be intimidated. And, they know how to negotiate a fair settlement of your case. That’s why you should call and schedule your free initial consultation today. And remember – you don’t pay a dime until your case is resolved.