We are seeking a motivated, self-starter Litigation Paralegal for our Irvine office.
Successful candidates will be responsible for handling pre-litigation personal injury cases from inception to settlement. The position entails extensive contact with clients, insurance adjusters, medical providers, and staff attorneys. Some litigation experience is a plus.
Our ideal candidate will have more than 6 years of plaintiff’s personal injury experience. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Must have excellent communication skills and be customer service oriented. Candidate must be organized, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task. This is a position for someone who is looking for a long term commitment with lots of opportunities to grow.
- Interview prospective clients over the phone or in-person
- Open Insurance Claims
- Opening new files
- Collect and analyze intake information
- Collect all relevant documents
- Fully investigate each case
- Maintain contact with clients on regular basis.
- Verify insurance coverage and maintain contact with insurance company.
- Manage medical care of clients.
- Explain procedures or forms to clients.
- Prepare documents and correspondence
- Draft settlement demand packages
- Relay settlement negotiation from attorney to clients and adjusters utilizing demands/offers in Client Profiles.
- Collect documentation of all damages sustained such as medical records, bills, and loss of income.
- Read and interpret medical records and reports.
- Organize and maintain case files.
- Organize tangible damages .
- Diary files daily with detailed updates
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work well in a fast paces environment.
- Must have great people skills as the position requires a great deal of client contact.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must to be able to prioritize work and work under pressure.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be familiar with relevant laws as it applies to personal injury claims, motor vehicle accidents and insurance.
- Must have exceptional communication and written skills.
- Must have computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and legal software. Client Profiles is helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terms and traumatically induced conditions is helpful.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage types and policies is helpful.
- Prior experience as bodily injury insurance adjuster highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time