Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Have you or a loved one been injured in a bicycle accident? Call now and speak with one of our bicycle accident lawyers for a free consultation 888.222.8286
Before you speak with an insurance adjuster, give a recorded statement or sign any papers, call now and speak with a lawyer immediately about your case. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you and don’t guess about the value of your case.
WHY CHOOSE THE TORKZADEH LAW FIRM?
- Award Winning Internationally Recognized Lawyers
- Exclusively Representing Injury Victims
- Never a Fee Unless We Win Your Case
- Millions Recovered for Victims and Families of Accidents
- Rated a perfect 10/10 by Attorney Rating Service
- Selected as Super Lawyers
- Nationally Recognized and Published Lawyers
- 24/7 Attorney Consultation Hotline
A few tips:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention
- Do Not Speak With the Insurance Company without Consulting an Attorney
- Gather as Much Information (witnesses, times, dates, locations)
- Order your free copy of our new personal injury book
- Don’t Delay, Call Now And Speak With a Lawyer for Free
The most common causes of bicycle accidents are:
- left turning vehicle no watching for cyclist;
- being hit by a car making a left turn without yielding the right-of-way to oncoming traffic;
- running red lights or stop signs;
- hit and run
If you have been injured or a loved one killed in a bicycle accident, it is of little solace to learn that more than one thousand bicyclists are killed each year, and some 540,000 bicyclists visit emergency departments every year. Of those, 67,000 have head injuries, and 27,000 have injuries serious enough to require hospitalization. 43,000 bicyclists are injured in traffic accidents each year, while others involve single-bike accidents and accidents resulting from riding in a tightly packed group of fellow bike riders, among other causes.
When a bicyclist has been involved in an accident with a car, SUV, minivan, pickup truck, or other motor vehicle, the injuries to the bicyclist are often severe due to the vast weight disparity between the bicyclist and the motor vehicle. The bicyclist may also suffer broken bones and limbs, such as a broken arm, leg, or ribs, or suffer a spinal cord injury that leaves him or her paralyzed from the neck (“quadriplegia”) or waist (“paraplegia”) down.
Some of the common causes of injuries to bicyclists caused by motorists include:
- The failure of the driver of a motor vehicle to yield the right of way to the bicyclist when the motorist is making a turn, whether it be a right or left turn;
- A person parked on the side of the road swings his or her door open without looking, resulting in the bicyclist not having time to take evasive action and colliding with the door and falling to the street, suffering severe injuries;
- Dangerous road conditions;
- A vehicle driving in the bike lane;
- A road without a sufficient shoulder or designated bike lane that causes the bicyclist to ride in the traffic lane (bikes are required to drive as far to the right of the road as is practicable);
- A driver speeding up when the light signal turns yellow, so that by the time the driver is at the intersection the light in his or her direction is red while the biker’s light is green, but the driver of the motor vehicle proceeds through the intersection on the red light, hitting the bicyclist
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately so he or she can start working right away to obtain all the monetary compensation you are entitled to. Your lawyer will want to start gathering evidence as soon as possible. He or she will want to send his or her investigator to visit the scene of the accident to see if there were any contributing factors to the accident, take photographs of the scene and the bike and the motor vehicle before it is repaired, and talk to witnesses while their recollection of the accident is still fresh in their minds. In catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases, the lawyer will frequently hire an “accident reconstructionist” –an expert in recreating automobile and truck accidents—to prove that the driver of the motor vehicle was at fault.